JULY 6 – JULY 10, 2020 | 9:30 AM-3:30 PM PST
There is nothing like the emotions that are evoked as a fan at a live event whether you are at a sporting event, a concert with your favorite musicians, or a much-anticipated movie premier. We have all experienced it.
In today’s global pandemic climate, we have been challenged to get creative, adapt our approach, and find new, exciting ways to engage with fans. We are excited to tackle this challenge, elevate the notion of what is expected of virtual interaction, and have created a brand new experience.
The Ultimate Master Class for the Sports & Entertainment Industry
The Fan Experience redefines experiential learning by approaching instructional topics through the lens of a Game Day experience. This class will utilize high-level curriculum, relatable concepts, and relevant examples to educate students in a fun, entertaining setting that will maximize their learning potential.
IMPACT Internship Lead Instructor, Felisa Israel, and her team have established themselves as industry leaders in fan engagement through extensive professional careers in Sports & Entertainment, creating innovative, compelling experiences for audiences across the world. Using their unique blend of industry knowledge, professional relationships, and passion for mentoring the next generation, they have created this week-long Master Class that stylizes teaching in a never-before-seen way and delivers an All-Star experience for students.
Learn the Playbook
The Fan Experience Playbook consists of specialized curriculum that will teach students the professional development tools necessary to stand out and succeed in any industry and provide an inside look into various aspects of the Sports & Entertainment Industry. Playbook topics and features include:
- Mastering the Fundamentals – Learn how to master essential professional attributes such as:
- Professional Attire
- Communication Etiquette (i.e. Email, Phone, Presentation)
- Creative Problem Solving
- Being Proactive & Taking Initiative
- Leadership Training
- Effective Time Management
- Elevating Your Game – Expand your knowledge of various Sports & Entertainment topics by exploring how different departments operate independently and collaboratively.
- Scouting – Take an inside look at different career paths within Sports & Entertainment to help you hone your passions.
- Being a Team Player – Learn how to work and thrive in a collaborative environment through interactive group activities.
- Training Sessions – Learn new skills through guided workshops and interactive lessons led by guest specialists. Examples of workshops include:
- Growing Your LinkedIn Presence
- Communications Skills & Public Speaking
- Human Resources & Corporate Policies
- Networking & Relationship Building
- Learning from the Legends – Hear personal insight from high-level industry executives.
- 1-on-1 Coaching – Office Hours are available by appointment after the conclusion of the class.
- Film Review – Receive 3 additional months of access to video recordings to rewatch each session or catch up on anything you missed.
GAME DAY SCHEDULE
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM
Pre-Game Warm Up
Ease into the day with Health & Wellness interactions
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Explore different Playbook topics with Timeout & Quarter Break activities
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Take a lunch break with a DJ & other Entertainment Elements
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Explore different Playbook topics with Timeout & Quarter Break activities
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Review the Key Takeaways from the day
Schedule of Topics & Speakers
- Athlete Management | Neda Barrie – Professor, Arizona State University
- Athlete Partnerships | Bill Sanders – Athlete Marketing & Partnerships Consultant, Paragon Sports International; SVP, Talent & Partnerships, AIB Sportsbrands
- Being a DJ & Tour Life | Z-Trip – DJ & Music Producer
- Being a Professional Athlete & Broadcaster | Ann Meyers Drysdale – Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee; Sports Broadcaster & Analyst; Vice President, Phoenix Mercury
- Being a Sports Agent | Andrew Thomas – Basketball Marketing Agent, CAA
- Brand Building | Leonard Armato – Former Sports Agent (Shaquille O’Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar De La Hoya, Kerri Walsh-Jennings); Branding Expert
- Brand Strategy & Leadership | Dale Allen – Former Global Sports Marketing Director, Jordan Brand, Division of Nike, Inc.
- Community Relations | Tamala Lewis – Sr Director, Community Affairs, AEG Dignity Health Sports Park
- Concert Booking & Touring | Phil Ernst – Live Music & Entertainment Executive; Former SVP / Head of Bookings, The Madison Square Garden Company
- Contracts & Corporate Law | Amanda Luftman – Attorney, Boren, Osher & Luftman, LLP
- Emceeing & Sports Broadcasting | Chris McGee – LA Lakers Studio Anchor, Time Warner Cable SportsNet
- Entertainment Marketing | Libby Bush – Founder & CEO, Tandem Entertainment
- Game Entertainment | Tim Beach – Sr Director, Game Entertainment & Special Events, Arizona Cardinals
- Marketing 101 | Elisa Padilla – Former SVP, Creative Strategy & Partnership Marketing, Roc Nation; SVP, Marketing, Miami Marlins
- Merchandising | Matt Altman – Co-Founder & CEO, Sportiqe
- Music Finance | Ben Cary – Co-Founder, South Bay Records, LLC
- Music Journalism | Alan Light – Music Journalist & Radio Host; Former Editor in Chief, Vibe & Spin
- Pro Athlete & Broadcaster | Ann Meyers Drysdale – Former Professional Basketball Player; Sports Broadcaster & Analyst; VP, Phoenix Mercury
- Professional Etiquette | Jennie Peters – Public Relations Consultant
- Sales Strategy | Bernie Mullin – Founder & Chairman, The Aspire Group
- Sports Law | Mark Francis – Sports Business Lecturer, UCLA Anderson Center for MEMES
- Talent Management | Joe Mulvihill – Talent Manager (Boyz II Men & Joey Fatone)
- Team Revenue | Lou DePaoli – EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, New York Mets
- Tech Innovation in Entertainment | Jay Tucker – Executive Director, UCLA Anderson Center for Management of Enterprise in Media, Entertainment & Sports
- Television Production | Scott Messick – President, Mess Media
- Venue Ticket Sales & Revenue Streams | Drew Cloud – Head of Sports & Entertainment Leadership, RSR Partners
- Venues & PR | Michael Roth – VP, Communications, AEG
Dates: July 6 – July 10, 2020 (Daily)
Times: 9:30 AM– 3:30 PM (Pacific Time)
Who Can Sign Up: College Students, Graduates & Professionals
Cost: Master Class: $1,899
Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon finishing the program!
A portion of proceeds will go to the IMPACT Access Fund, a project of The Giving Back Fund, our Scholarship Program designed to help young people at critical stages in their personal and professional development by promoting equitable skills, opportunity, education, and access to achieve careers in the fields of sports, entertainment, media, and beyond.
As an effort to support our participants and address the affordability challenges students and families are facing during COVID-19 our IMPACT Student Accounts Team is available at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss payment plans and options. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship please apply here: 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
The Fan Experience Partners
We were so excited to collaborate with these partners who contributed to providing our students with an incredible experience during our week of Master Classes!