Impact Internship Access Fund
Scholarship Program Overview
Scholarship Program Overview
IMPACT Internship Access Fund is designed to help young people at critical stages in their personal and professional development by promoting equitable skills, opportunity, education, and access to achieve careers in the fields of sports, entertainment, media and beyond.
To be eligible, applicants must be able to provide the following:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. If you’re a U.S. citizen, you can automatically work in the U.S. If you’re not a U.S. citizen, we welcome various forms of work authorization.
- High school graduate or GED recipient.
Criteria to be considered when selecting recipients of the scholarship include:
- Challenging Circumstances — Applicant’s personal experiences that influence their perspective, life history, and that may otherwise hinder their access to career opportunities are considered. Examples of circumstances might include but are not limited to those that are personal, family or financial.
- Impact of Scholarship in Addressing Barriers – The selection committee will consider the impact that a scholarship will have on an applicant’s ability to address what may otherwise be barriers to their participating in out-of-school educational/professional development opportunities like the internship.
- Career & Educational Goals — The degree to which an applicant has clearly stated goals and they have displayed commitment to pursuing those goals in their academic and personal pursuits is considered.
- Social Impact — The selection committee seeks applicants that look to make a positive difference at the local, regional or larger community in terms of the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health conditions, quality of life, or other social concerns.
Family members of officers, directors, major contributors and members of the scholarship selection committee are disqualified from receiving scholarships.
To be considered, applicants must submit online applications for both the IMPACT Internship 2020 Summer Program and IMPACT Internship Access Fund scholarship. By submitting an application for a scholarship to the IMPACT Internship Access Fund, the applicant agrees to have IMPACT Internship share their intern application with the selection committee for the scholarship program. Scholarship applications will be reviewed and selected on a rolling basis by the IMPACT Internship Access Fund Selection Committee, selecting superior applicants for award.
Scholarship applications must include the following:
- Complete online IMPACT Internship Summer 2020 Program application
- Complete online IMPACT Internship Access Fund scholarship application
- Current transcript (unofficial transcript is suitable at time of application)
- Professional resume
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
Scholarship amounts and payment process:
The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be dependent, in part, on the fundraising efforts of the program. Scholarships will be in the form of a full or partial fee waiver for participation in the IMPACT Internship Program. Scholarship recipients are not entitled to any funds.