IMPACT Access Fund
Scholarship Program Overview
Scholarship Program Overview
IMPACT Access Fund is designed to help young people at critical stages in their personal and professional development by promoting equitable skills, opportunity, education, and access to achieve careers in the fields of sports, entertainment, media, and beyond.
2020 APPLICATION DEADLINE
June 22, 2020 at 8:00P PM PST / 11:00 PM EST
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNTS AND PAYMENT PROCESS:
The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be dependent, in part, on the fundraising efforts of the program. Scholarships will be in the form of a full or partial fee waiver for participation in the IMPACT Internship Program. Scholarship recipients are not entitled to any funds.
High school graduate or GED recipient. Applicants applying for the Experiential Learning Project may involve an internship opportunity, therefor applicants need to have authorization to work in the U.S. If you’re a U.S. citizen, you can automatically work in the U.S. If you’re not a U.S. citizen, we welcome various forms of work authorization.
Criteria to be considered when selecting recipients of the scholarship include:
- Challenging Circumstances — Applicant’s personal experiences that influence their perspective, life history, and that may otherwise hinder their access to career opportunities are considered. Examples of circumstances might include but are not limited to those that are personal, family, or financial.
- Impact of Scholarship in Addressing Barriers – The selection committee will consider the impact that a scholarship will have on an applicant’s ability to address what may otherwise be a barrier to the applicant’s participation in out-of-school educational/professional development opportunities such as the internship.
- Career & Educational Goals — The selection committee will consider the degree to which an applicant has clearly stated goals and has displayed commitment to pursuing those goals in his or her academic and personal pursuits.
- Social Impact — The selection committee seeks applicants that look to make a positive difference at the local, regional or larger community in terms of the environment, social justice, economic fairness, health conditions, quality of life, or other social concerns.
Family members of officers, directors, major contributors, and members of the scholarship selection committee are disqualified from receiving scholarships.
- Provide a video submission response to the questions below. If an applicant would prefer to submit a written response please use the optional fields below.
- Certify and provide electronic signature below
- Select preferred placement program below and follow the standard application process
By submitting an application for a scholarship to the IMPACT Internship Access Fund, the applicant agrees to have IMPACT Internship share their intern application with the selection committee for the scholarship program. Scholarship applications will be reviewed and selected on a rolling basis by the IMPACT Internship Access Fund Selection Committee, selecting superior applicants for award.