A Curriculum for Success
A Curriculum for Success
Professional Development Program
Our summer program combines educational classroom programming, hands-on mentoring and coaching, and unparalleled access to real-world work experience in the Sports, Entertainment, and Media industries. Beginning with a week of high-intensity training that features an incredible assortment of world-class executives as guest speakers and instructors, we provide students with exclusive opportunities to learn from industry leaders, expand their network, and develop themselves as professionals. This program is essential for any students looking to jump-start their careers in highly-competitive industries.
Dates: 5 Weeks; Choose your Session
- Session 1: Monday, May 24 – Friday, June 25
- Session 2: Monday, August 9 – Friday, September 10
Location: Virtual; Students from around the world are invited to apply
Academic Partner: UCLA Anderson Center for Management of Enterprise in Media, Entertainment & Sports (MEMES)
WEEK 1: The Fan Experience
The Ultimate Career Training Program for Sports, Entertainment & Media
The Fan Experience redefines online education & training by approaching instructional topics through the lens of a Game Day experience. IMPACT Lead Instructor, Felisa Israel, is an innovator and industry leader in fan engagement, and she is tapping into her unique blend of expertise, professional relationships, and passion for mentoring students to deliver an unforgettable experience. From Pre-Game prep activities and a high-energy Halftime Show to entertaining Timeout breaks and Post-Game Recaps, Week 1 is non-stop engagement, interaction, and experiential learning.
The Fan Experience Playbook is a high-level curriculum that blends relevant examples and relatable concepts with first-hand insight from industry executives to educate students. The Playbook provides an inside look into various aspects of the Sports, Entertainment, and Media industries and teaches students the professional development tools and critical skills necessary to excel in any field.
Engaging content, exciting topics, an interactive setting, and A-list executive insight maximize students’ learning potential and create a personalized All-Star experience.
Our extensive network of high-level executives, instructors, celebrities, and decision makers in the Sports, Entertainment, and Media industries share our passion for teaching the next generation of leaders. In Week 1, students receive real-world instruction, first-hand insight, and invaluable life lessons from these masters in their field. Past pros include:
- Aldis Hodge: Actor; One Night in Miami, Straight Outta Compton, The Invisible Man, Hidden Figures
- Ann Meyers Drysdale: Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee; Sports Broadcaster & Analyst; Vice President, Phoenix Mercury
- Elisa Padilla: SVP, Creative Strategy & Partnership Marketing, Roc Nation
- Fabiola Torres: CMO & SVP of Energy, PepsiCo
- Jerry Colangelo: Managing Director, USA Basketball; Former Owner of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Joe Mulvihill: Talent Manager (Boyz II Men & Joey Fatone)
- Lou DePaoli: EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, New York Mets
- Tamala Lewis: Senior Director, Community Affairs, AEG Dignity Health Sports Park
- Uzma Rawn: VP, Global Corporate Partnerships, Major League Baseball
- Z-Trip: DJ & Music Producer
Stay tuned. This year’s lineup is being released soon!
WEEKS 2 – 5: Experiential Learning Projects
Hands-on Learning for Real-World Training & Experience
Experiential Learning Projects are academic and intellectual experiences that allow students to work remotely in small groups over the course of 4 weeks. Each group is matched with one of our industry partners to complete a custom-tailored project with specific requirements and goals. The projects are collaborative initiatives that include hands-on work designed to teach a variety of relevant and applicable skills and grow students professionally. Projects are assigned based on availability, student fields of interest, and successful interviews between students and project partners. Project specifics vary with each of our partners, but each project includes the following experiences:
- Weekly meetings with Company Project Leaders to set goals, review project progress, and educate students on various company operations;
- Weekly meetings with IMPACT Instructors to review project progress, discuss project deliverables, and provide further industry education;
Group Presentation at the end of the 4-week project initiative.
Note: IMPACT Instructors are available at all times to answer questions and provide continuous coaching.
2021 Summer Session Projects are revealed in March.
Some of our past Project Companies and Project Leaders include:
- Leonard Armato | Founder & CEO, Management Plus Enterprises; Former Sports Agent (represented star athletes such as Shaquille O’Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oscar De La Hoya, Kerri Walsh-Jennings, and Lisa Leslie)
- Tandem Entertainment | Entertainment sales and creative agency (clients include Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, BuzzFeed, and many more)
- SPIN | Digital music media publication
Weekly Classroom Sessions
During the Experiential Learning Projects (weeks 2 – 5), students meet with their Instructor each Friday in a virtual class setting. Weekly classroom sessions are discussion forums for topics related to the group projects and the students’ learning experiences, opportunities for students to learn from guest experts about their career journeys and areas of expertise, ongoing professional development, and networking opportunities between students and professionals.
The team at IMPACT believes that the leaders of tomorrow should be a diverse group composed of individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
In collaboration with our Partners, we raise funds to provide scholarships for our courses. We believe that finances should not stand in the way of big dreams, and we are passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion at all career stages. IMPACT Scholarships are intended to support the future generation and ensure powerful minds have an opportunity to shine.
A portion of proceeds will go to the IMPACT Access Fund, a project of The Giving Back Fund, our Scholarship Program designed to help young people at critical stages in their personal and professional development by promoting equitable skills, opportunity, education, and access to achieve careers in the fields of sports, entertainment, media, and beyond.